Monday, August 3, 2009

color and stone

I was brain storming ideas this weekend as we drove to upstate NY for a mini-vacation. As a passenger I got to check out all the local Catskill and Adirondack architecture. I *love* the Adirondack style. My goal is some sort of Craftsman-Prairie-Adirondack mix.

I decided that I definitely want stacked stone footings included in the design of the front portico.

I am so in love with this home...

Gorgeous - but 'too much' for our plan:


I love this color combination... I couldn't grab the good photo that shows better that the lower half of the house is painted red. I'm also picturing a very deep, dark red - combined with naturally stained shingles, and either the bronze or dark green framed windows.




1 comment:

  1. At Stone Solutions we offer you the perfect solution to updating tired, worn or outdated work surfaces with a minimum of fuss and cost. Our fabricators are fully certified and we also offer the services of fully licensed plumbers and electricians if needed. Sinks, taps and appliances are also part of our service.

    Kitchen Makeovers Sydney

    ReplyDelete